Veriton Asia Limited
Veriton Asia Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Veriton Asia Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 MAY 2018.
B. The Personal Data We Collect
The types of Personal Data we collect from you will depend on the specific type of services provided to, you. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
- ♦ Personal information (e.g. your name, age or gender);
- ♦ Contact information (e.g. telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers);
- ♦ Business information (e.g. company name, business title and associated contact information);
- ♦ Your interests, personal preferences or comments;
- ♦ Information when you use our websites or other services (e.g. purchasing history, location information, browser details, IP addresses).
C. Purposes for which your Personal Data are Collected and Used
The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
- ♦ To improve services;
- ♦ To send out promotional/ industry information emails about special offers, new new services and topics we think you will find interesting;
- ♦ For internal record keeping;
- ♦ For payment purposes for any of our services;
- ♦ For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services that may be supplied to you;
- ♦ For communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- ♦ For conducting research and/or analysis from time to time to better understand your needs;
- ♦ For making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
- ♦ For any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above, or any other purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when your Personal Data is being collected, or any other purposes which you may from time to time agree.
We will not knowingly or intentionally use, share or sell your Personal Data in ways which are unrelated to the above purposes (or purposes as specified in a personal information collection statement when we collect your Personal Data) without your prior consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
F. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
G. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
♦ Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
♦ If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us;
♦ You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at Veriton Asia, Unit 6, 4/FL, Yuen Fat Bldg, 25 Wang Chiu Rd, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.